Ayurvedic Sexual Disorder Treatment
Sexual dysfunction is the difficulty experienced by an individual or a couple during any stage of a normal sexual activity, including physical pleasure, desire, preference, arousal or orgasm
Based on the detailed diagnosis an individual specific treatment schedule is charted out to:
- Strengthen the Vascular and Endocrine System.
- To increase and smoothen the blood flow in the arteries and also helps to repair any damages.
- Panchakarma : A schedule of Panchakarma therapies to dislodge, liquefy, mobilize and evacuate the accumulated Dhoshas, with an aim to cleanse and purify the countless body channels is carried out.
- Abhyangam : Oil application on entire body.
- Kizhi : Body fomentation using herbal boluses.
- Avagaha Swedanam : Medicated spinal bath.
- Localized Dhara : Pouring of medicated oil in a steady stream.
- Lepanam : Application of herbal paste.
- Pizhichil : Pouring of warm medicated oil on the entire body.
Sirodhara : pouring of warm medicated oil/liquids on the forehead helps to regulate the Neuro muscular system. Sirodhara particularly helps to relieve stress and calms down the mind.
- Uttara Vasthy : It is the practice of administering herbal preparation and medicines, per urethra into seminal vesicles or bladder with specially designed instrument called uttara vasty nethra.
Sexual Desire Disorders
Sexual desire disorders or decreased libido are characterised by a lack or absence of desire for sexual activity . The condition ranges from a general lack of sexual desire or lack of desire to the partner. The condition may have started after a period of normal sexual functioning or the person may always have had no/low sexual desire.
Erectile dysfunction (impotence) can be described as a problem in getting an erection or maintaining it sufficiently for sexual intercourse.
Premature ejaculation is when ejaculation occurs before the partner achieves orgasm.
Sexual Pain Disorders
Sexual pain disorders affect almost women exclusively and are also known as dyspareunia (painful intercourse) or Vaginismus (an involuntary spasm of the muscles of the vaginal wall that interferes with intercourse).